Welcome to Coastal Explorer
LICENCE AGREEMENT FOR ACCESS TO NATIONAL AND/OR AUTHORITY DATASETS
Welcome to the Coastal Explorer website, which is owned and operated by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. Set out below are the terms and conditions which, together with any legal notices displayed elsewhere on this [Website], represent all the terms and conditions on which we will provide you with access to the datasets created by Local Government Information House Limited (the "National Datasets") and/or the datasets compiled and maintained by [the Authority] (the "Authority Datasets") associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Your continued use of this Coastal Explorer website indicates your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please cease using this Coastal Explorer website.
The terms and conditions for this licence agreement are as follows:
1. The National and/or Authority datasets area associated with the use of the National Land and Property Gazetteer and the National Street Gazetteer. Information displayed throughout the Coastal Explorer website is extracted from a copyright work owned by the Local Government Information House Limited and East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
2. A single screen print of the results of a search of the National and/or Authority datasets is permitted for your own use.
3. You may not extract or re-utilise information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets and/or any copies of such information (whether electronic or hard copy format) for any commercial or business purpose including but not limited to, trading, building commercial databases, reselling or redistribution of such information.
4. You are not permitted to modify, adapt, arrange, alter, adjust or make any additions to the information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets, nor are you permitted to combine such information with other mapping, data or other information, including for the avoidance of doubt, other such information derived from this Website.
5. Save as permitted by paragraph 2 above, the reproduction, copying, downloading, storage, recording, broadcasting, retransmission, distribution, decompilation, reverse-engineering or disassembly of any part of this Coastal Explorer website is not permitted without our prior written consent.
6. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information derived from the National and/or Authority Datasets is not made available, either in electronic unencrypted form or in hard copy format, to any third party that may attempt to use the map in contravention of these terms and conditions.
7. You must inform us immediately if you become aware of a third party using information derived from the Nation and/or Authority Datasets in contravention of these terms and conditions or of any infringement of the trade marks located on the Coastal Explorer website.
8. We shall have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of information contained on this Coastal Explorer website.
9. We take every reasonable effort to ensure that the information contained on this Coastal Explorer website is as accurate as possible. However, the services featured on this website are provided "as is" and all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by stature or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded. We shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with the use of the Coastal Explorer website.
10. Rates given for cliff erosion are based upon historic recorded values, the Authority will have no liability to any person or organisation in respect of loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the use of these figures. It should be remembered at all times that future or short term erosion losses may be quite different from past erosion rates.