LevelCollection
Finding NoDDMA
Extent10 cubic feet
TitleMARIST COLLEGE, HULL
Date1925-1988
DescriptionIncluding log books 1945-1968; registers of pupils 1926-1944; admission registers 1945-1988 [returned to College]; papers relating to examinations including mark books 1925-1973, staff salaries books 1948-1961; timetable book 1935-1939; headmaster's miscellanea 1927-1934 and 1973 with headmaster's notes, speeches, reports, newscuttings; papers relating to College administration 1926-1969; financial 1925-1980 with fee-payers cash books 1925-1943; records relating to premises and extensions 1954-1971; publications 1927-1988 with souvenir magazines, College magazine, prize day programmes; photographs 1925-1988; printing blocks; films 1960-1964 (originals transferred to Yorkshire Film Archive, access copies available here), records of Parents' Association with minutes and register of members 1954-1980; tennis club records 1936-1941.
AdminHistoryMarist College was established in 1925 in Cottingham Road, Hull as a Roman Catholic boys' grammar school by the Marist Brothers. The College was recognized by the Board of Education in 1936 and became voluntary aided in 1945. The school closed in 1988.
AccessStatusOpen
PlaceCodeNA1433
SubjectSCHOOLS
CATHOLIC RECORDS
Places
CodeSet
NA1433KINGSTON UPON HULL HOLY TRINITY/KINGSTON UPON HULL HOLY TRINITY/YORKSHIRE EAST RIDING
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019