LevelCollection
Finding NoDDSW
Extent12 cubic feet
TitleST WILLIAM'S COMMUNITY HOME, MARKET WEIGHTON
Date1849-1991
DescriptionIncludes admission registers and roll books 1856-1973, photographs of boys admitted c.1856-1869, report books 1910-1948, medical registers 1909-1930, punishment books 1913-1948, register of absconders 1955-1975, register of unauthorised absences 1975-1984, committee of management minutes 1855-1942, visiting committee minutes 1912-1951, finance committee minutes 1912-1951, journal/log book of principal 1915-1937, correspondence files 1912-1966, summaries of income and expenditure (incomplete) 1923-1943, ledger 1935-1943, shop account book 1910-1915, annual reports (incomplete) 1857-1921, visitors books 1866-1979, photograph albums 1923-1936, plans 1979, registers of baptism, confirmations and burials 1849-1960, confirmations 1857-1932 and burials 1849-1921
AdminHistoryFounded as the Yorkshire Catholic Reform School in 1856 and closed in 1994. Information about the history of the school is available in 'The Yorkshire Catholic Reformatory, Market Weighton' by J D Hicks (East Yorkshire Local History Society, 1996). A monastery founded by Sir W Vavasour had occupied the site c.1842-1845.
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsPersonal records subject to 100 year closure Freedom of Information right of access request required
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019