LevelCollection
Finding NoEUR3
Extent64 items
TitleHULL ST NINIAN'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, CHANTERLANDS AVENUE, RECORDS
Date1643-1980
DescriptionIncludes register and memoranda book 1643-1848 (includes births and baptisms 1668-1835, deaths and burials 1826-1834, minutes of trustees 1837-1848); communicants' roll books 1847-1975; district roll book 1958-1960; sessions minutes 1838-1971; session and elders' meeting minutes 1971-1980; 'Various Church Papers' - file of correspondence received by session clerk 1960-1967; committee of management minutes 1838-1869; committee of management and (from 1881) deacons' court minutes 1878-1885; deacons' court and (1893) Board of Managers minutes 1885-1894; Board of Managers and (from 1895) Committee of Management minutes 1894-1898; Committee of Management minutes 1898-1935 (includes Manse Trustees minutes 1920-1922); Board of Management minutes 1935-1958; Committee of Management minutes 1958-1972; church meeting minutes 1972-1980; clerk to managers letter book 1894-1904; 'Church Letters' clerk to managers correspondence 1927-1934 and with the Presbytery of Yorkshire 1928-1933; trustees minutes 1862-1929; church income and expenditure accounts 1856-1910; ledger 1954-1971; plans of alternative schemes for church and school [1930]; various correspondence files from clerk to managers relating to the church hall architect 1929-1934, the contractors 1930-1932, the solicitors 1932, letting of Spring Bank church 1932-1935; plan of proposed church hall in Chanterlands Avenue 1958, 1972; minister's correspondence file relating to the hall 1969-1973; Youth Council minutes 1971-1973; annual reports 1902-1904, 1957-1980; quarterly magazines 1956-1963; monthly newsletters 1968-1980; visitors' book 1940-1953
AdminHistoryThese records are those of a long tradition of Hull nonconformity. They begin in 1643 with those of the Independent Congregation which in 1698 opened Dagger Lane Chapel (later known as Old Dagger Lane Chapel). In 1783 this became a Swedenborgian congregation until in 1841 the church was re-opened as the Bethel Chapel of the United Presbyterian Congregation established in 1838. These Dagger Lane (sometimes known as Prince Street) premises were replaced by Spring Bank Presbyterian Church, opened in 1875, and this in turn by St Ninian's, Chanterlands Avenue, built in 1931. This became St Ninian's United Reform Church in 1972 and in 1980 the church of the united congregation of St Ninian's and St Andrew's.
AccessStatusOpen
PlaceCodeNA3419
SubjectMAGAZINES
REGISTERS
NONCONFORMIST RECORDS
PRESBYTERIAN RECORDS
UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
Places
CodeSet
NA3419KINGSTON UPON HULL/KINGSTON UPON HULL/KINGSTON UPON HULL/YORKSHIRE EAST RIDING
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022