On 1 December 2020, government announced an additional £1,000 Christmas support payment for ‘wet-led pubs’ in tiers 2 and 3 who missed out on much needed business during the busy festive period.
The payment will be a one-off payment for December and will be paid on top on the existing grants for businesses. This will cover those in tiers 2 and 3 forced to reduce their operations as a result of the latest regional and national measures put in place to contain transmission of the virus.
Who can claim this funding?
A pub whereby they are open to the general public allow free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided, allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permit drinks to be purchased at a bar.
The business must have been trading on 30 November 2020 and must also derive less than 50% of income from the sale of food, the Council will request evidence of sales.
Are there any exclusions?
Pubs will not be eligible to claim where:
- More than 50% of your total income derives from food sales
- They have moved from Tier 1 to 2 or 3 after 29 December 2020
- They have already reached the State Aid limit
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made
- Businesses which were not trading on 30 November 2020. Where local restrictions are preceded by national ‘lockdown’ measures, requiring the closure of businesses that are otherwise eligible, it is accepted that those businesses are still trading.
- A business that is restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, hotels, snack bars, guesthouses, boarding houses, sporting venues, music venues, festival sites, theatres, museums, exhibition halls, cinemas, concert halls and casinos.
How much will I get?
This is a flat rate payment of £1,000 to cover the period 2 December 2020 to 29 December 2020.
How do I apply?
The business rates team will contact the relevant businesses shortly; those that are currently claiming the LRSG (Closed grant) and invite them to apply.
If you have not yet claimed the closed business grant, please do so.
Applications close 31 January 2021 and payments will be made as soon as possible after your application has been submitted and approved
Complete this application form to apply for the grant. Please do not contact us to chase your application as this may delay the process.
Apply for a Christmas Support Payment