Food and feed guidance in relation to Brexit

Information and guidance on how to prepare your food or animal feedstuff business for Brexit. 

Where can I find general food and feed information and guidance in relation to Brexit? 

Guidance on how to prepare your business for Brexit is available on the  GOV.UK website

This includes guides for businesses which export to or import from the European Union in the event of 'no deal':

Where can I find food and feeds technical guidance and information from the Food Standards Agency in relation to Brexit?  

There is advice on the Food Standards Agency (FSA) website:

The FSA wrote in August 2019 to Food Business Operators who export products of animal origin (POAO) to the EU, informing them of additional data requirements should they wish to continue exporting:

FSA - EU Exports Letter August 2019 (pdf 62kb)

After the UK leaves the EU changes will need to be made to the Health and Identification (ID) Marks on certain food products of animal origin (POAO). Please see advice on this from the FSA at:

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.