The register details for specific premises who manufacture and store explosives in our area.

Where can I find a list of all the premises that are registered to sell fireworks?

The council as the licensing authority have to maintain a register of all individuals licensed or registered to store explosives under the Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations 2005. This includes fireworks.

Register availability

There is, however, no requirement to provide information held on that register to the public where any licence or registration relates only to the storage of:

  • less than 500 kilograms of hazard type 1 or 2 explosives
  • less than 2000 kilograms of hazard type 3 or 4 explosives or
  • any explosives stored for less than four weeks.

No premises currently registered or licensed with the council exceed those limits and as such the register information held is not available to the public.

Who to contact

If you should wish for any further advice or guidance you can contact:

Health and safety duty officer
Email: health.safety@eastriding.gov.uk

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.