Report licensing concerns

If you have concerns about any business or individual operating without either a licence or registration or just about how they are conducting their activity.

How do I report concerns about licensing Issues?

Different licences and registrations are dealt with by different sections within the council.

Health and safety section

If your concern is about:

  • fireworks or explosives manufacture, storage or sale, or
  • sale or storage of petrol, or
  • sale of non medicinal poisons, or
  • individuals or businesses operating as tattooists, ear piercers, cosmetic piercers or undertaking electrolysis, or
  • safety of sports grounds.

Contact by:


Licensing Team

If your concern is about:

  • animal welfare licences
  • the sale/supply of alcohol, provision of entertainment or hot food and drink
  • taxi or private hire services
  • street traders
  • street collections or house to house collections
  • any gambling premises
  • caravan site licensing
  • scrap metal dealers
  • hypnotism
  • sex establishments.

Contact by:


Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News