Customer services are available by appointment only.
Most enquiries can now be dealt with safely and easily by telephone or online. This includes renewals and applications for blue badges. Please call 01482 393939 and an advisor will be able to discuss your enquiry with you and if required, arrange an appointment at your nearest centre.
We are following national guidance and this means that we have to limit the number of people visiting our sites to ensure safety for all customers and our staff. If you are attending a site, please note the following safety information:
- Do not visit us if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus or if you have been in contact with someone who has symptoms – just call us to rearrange your appointment if symptoms display.
- Use the provided hand sanitizer when entering the building and adhere to social distancing at all times.
- Please visit alone where possible unless you need to bring a carer or companion.
- You may have to queue so please be prepared in accordance with the current weather conditions
- You will only be allowed access at your appointment time so arriving early may mean longer queuing. Late arrivals will be accommodated wherever possible however you might have to make another appointment.
Vending machines, printing, scanning, photocopying, newspapers, and electoral registers are not currently available.
Caddy Liners, Dropping off Documents and Keys - An appointment is NOT required for the collection of caddy liners and dropping off documents or keys, however customers may need to queue outside to be served. Please put documents or keys in a sealed envelope clearly marked with your name, address, and name of the relevant service / officer. Please note we will not be proof checking any documents.
Payments – There are a variety of ways to make a payment. This includes direct debit or online, via our automated payment line, (please call 0300 330 1515), by telephone with an advisor on 01482 393939. You can also make payments at your local Post office or at any Pay Point outlet. Please remember to take your account number or a bill that shows your barcode.
In this initial phase of opening, for customer and staff safety, we will be operating an order and collect service only. You will only be able to drop off borrowed items and collect pre-ordered items at the door - there is no provision to browse books or drop in. You can reserve items by any one of the following ways:
- On the library catalogue: library.eastriding.gov.uk
- On the East Riding Libraries App (this can be downloaded free from the App Store or Google Play
- Hand in a list at your local branch
- Call or email your local branch - visit eastridinglibraries.co.uk/find-a-library for more details
Reservations - For reservations online or on the app - we are currently unable to notify via email or text when items are ready to collect, but your online account will show when items are available at your branch so we recommend logging in to check the status of your order.
For all other reservations - your local branch will call you to arrange a collection time. Please do not come to collect items unless you have been contacted and arranged a time slot. Your time slot will be shared with other customers so you will still need to join the queue.
Returns - You do not need a time slot to return items. Please join the queue and return your items which will be quarantined for 72 hours before being cleaned and returned to shelves. Items will remain on your account for the quarantine period. We have increased borrowing limits to 24 items and the loan period to 35 days to support this.
New Members –You can join the library free online at eastridinglibraries.co.uk/memberships. If you do not have internet access, you can also join by calling your local branch.