Service by appointment
Customer services will be available by appointment only.
For enquiries that cannot be done over the telephone or via the website, customers should still call (01482) 393939 to make the initial enquiry and an appointment will be arranged.
Appointments not currently available at Haltemprice.
Due to ongoing improvements on this site from 12 April we will continue to offer order and collect only.
Unfortunately, all other services will not be available until further notice. We apologise for the inconvenience. The nearest alternative sites are Hessle and Cottingham Multi-Service Centres.
Our Multi-Service Centres at Brough, Cottingham, Driffield, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Market Weighton, Pocklington and Withernsea will also see customers by pre-arranged appointment only and they will offer a library service by order and collect at the entrance.
Call or do it online
Most enquiries can now be dealt with safely and easily by telephone or online. This includes renewals and applications for Blue Badges.
Please call (01482) 393939 and an advisor will be able to discuss your enquiry with you and if required, arrange an appointment at your nearest centre.
We have increased the number of telephone operatives to enable more enquiries to be dealt with in the safest way possible and minimising face-to-face contact by reducing the need for customers to visit a site.
We are following national guidance to ensure safety for all of our customers and staff.
If you are attending a site, please note the following safety information:
- Do not visit us if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus or if you have been in contact with someone who has symptoms. Just call us to rearrange your appointment if symptoms display
- We will ask you to use the provided hand sanitiser when entering the building and adhere to social distancing at all times
- You are required to wear a face covering when entering the site unless exempt
- Mixed households will not be permitted in the centre unless you are in a support bubble or supporting a vulnerable person, please visit alone where possible
- You will only be allowed access at your appointment time so arriving early may mean longer queuing. Late arrivals will be accommodated wherever possible however you might have to make another appointment.
Vending machines, printing, scanning, photocopying, newspapers, and electoral registers are not currently available.
Caddy liners, dropping off documents and keys
An appointment is NOT required for the collection of caddy liners and dropping off documents of keys, however customers may need to queue outside to be served. Please put documents or keys in a sealed envelope clearly marked with your name, address, and name of the relevant service/officer.
Please note: we will not be proof checking any documents.
All Customer Service Centres and Multi-Service Centres (except Haltemprice) will be open for payments, limited to one customer at a time. In order to make payments in the safest and fastest way, customers should bring a copy of their bill or barcode with them.
You can also make payments at your local Post office or at any Pay Point outlet.
Please remember to take your account number or a bill that shows your barcode.
Read about how library services have been affected by COVID-19.