Complain about a councillor

How to make a complaint about a councillor and what the process is in order to make the complaint.

How do I make a complaint against a councillor or member of a committee?

Report a complaint against a councillor or member of a committee

Alternatively, you can send your complaint by the following means:

Email: standards@eastriding.gov.uk

In writing to:

The Monitoring Officer
Head of Legal and Democratic Services
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
County Hall
Cross Street
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU17 9BA.

What happens when a complaint is received about a Councillor’s conduct?

The process and procedures followed once a complaint has been made can be viewed on the Standards Committee Assessment Sub-Committee page.

Where can I find more information?

For more information please visit the Standards Committee page.