The information governance and feedback team collects, processes and holds your personal data to:
- Respond to requests made under access to information legislation under the Data Protection Act 2018 (including requests for access, erasure, rectification and objection)
- Investigate concerns about the council’s handling of personal information
- Investigate and take action on information security incidents including data breaches that include personal data
- Develop Information Governance policies, guidance and training for the council and its partners
- Provide information governance advice and support to council departments, including development of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Oversee the council’s compliance with Local Government Transparency requirements, including the publication of the personal data of certain staff
- Deliver traded information governance services to local organisations.
The information governance and feedback team also process your personal data in order to respond to requests for disclosure for the following reasons:
- For the prevention or detection of crime
- For the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- For the assessment or collection of a tax or duty
- Where disclosure is required by law
- In connection with legal proceedings.
We use information to improve our services so that they are more appropriate to people’s requirements. We recognise that your personal information is important to you, and we take our responsibilities for ensuring that we collect and manage it proportionately, correctly and safely very seriously.