We use a data processor to complete the DBS checks on our behalf and this is currently done by Complete Background Screening (CBS) Limited. All relevant information required to process these requests will be passed to CBS to enable them to do so.
Complete Background Screening Ltd (external website)
Where checks are undertaken for the council your information may be shared internally for the purposes of reaching a suitability decision. This includes people services staff, your manager or employing school, other senior managers in your service area/ directorate.
We may disclose your information to others, but only where this is necessary either to comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by Data Protection legislation. We may share it with other public service bodies including the police and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The reasons why we may share your data with other public bodies are as follows:
- To verify identity documents
- To protect vulnerable adults and children who may be at risk of harm or abuse
- To monitor and improve our performance and delivery of services
- For the prevention and or detection of crime
- Where necessary to protect individuals from the risk of harm or injury
- Where otherwise permitted under the General Data Protection legislation.
We will only disclose your sensitive or confidential information to a third party if we are legally required to do so, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put you or someone else at risk of harm.
We will not pass your personal information to external organisations for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior expressed consent.