Individuals have the right to control the information held about them and how it is used. The rights that you have depend upon the grounds upon which your information is collected. All of the rights you could have are outlined on on the data protection rights page. For the purpose of delivery and administration of housing services legal obligations, statutory duties and discretionary services and/or to comply with contractual obligations relating to them, individuals will have the following rights:
- The right of access - You are entitled to see the information we hold about you and can request a copy by emailing email@example.com
- The right to rectification - If you believe any information we hold about you to be incorrect, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend the information accordingly.
- The right to erasure/right to be forgotten – Housing Services, in providing statutory duties under the regulations has determined that all requests to permanently delete a service user record will be dealt with on an individual basis. All requests for deletion should be sent to email@example.com
- The right to restrict processing - Should you wish us to limit how we use your data please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason for your request.
- The right to data portability – Housing Services has determined that there will be no requirement for Data Portability.
- The right to object - In addition to the right to limit the use of your data, you also have a right to object to the use of your data for certain actions. Should you wish us to limit how we use your data please email email@example.com with the reason for your request.
Housing services may share your information with third parties. You can object to housing services sharing your data with these third parties but this could result in a delay or the inability to process service user requests.
Should you exercise your right to object, it will not limit the information you receive from the housing services, as we may still be required by law to provide you with certain information. In cases such as this Housing Services will take appropriate steps to ensure your request is complied with but that it also fulfils any legal obligation or statutory duty it has to provide you with information or services.