We may disclose your information to others, but only where this is necessary either to comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by Data Protection legislation. We may share it with other public service bodies including HM Revenue and Customs, pension providers, the police, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), benefits agencies, the Department for Education and other local authorities.
The reasons why we may share your data with other public bodies are as follows:
- To protect vulnerable adults who may be at risk of harm or abuse
- To obtain employee references’ or to confirm things such as continuous service dates
- If relevant to safeguarding concerns
- To monitor and improve our performance and delivery of services
- For the prevention and or detection of crime
- Where necessary to protect individuals from the risk of harm or injury
- Where otherwise permitted under the General Data Protection legislation.
Please note, Employment Services may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example when making reference requests to former employers who are based outside the EEA.
We will only disclose your sensitive or confidential information, such as medical details to a third party, if we are legally required to do so, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put you or someone else at risk of harm.
We will not pass your personal information to external organisations for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior expressed consent.