The committee management and overview and scrutiny teams collect, process and hold your personal information in order to:
- ascertain that the petition is valid in accordance with the council's constitution
- determine how to proceed with the petition
- provide the petition to the relevant service for action and/or response
- provide the petition to the relevant Council committee for debate
- correspond with the petition organiser and to keep them updated
- publish significant petitions (with more than 500 signatures) on the council website.
We also use information to improve our services so that they are more appropriate to people’s requirements. We recognise that your personal information is important to you, and we take our responsibilities for ensuring that we collect and manage it proportionately, correctly and safely very seriously.