We may disclose your information to others, but only where this is necessary either to comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by Data Protection legislation. We may share it with other public service bodies including the police, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the council’s approved driving licence checking company, namely Driver Check Limited.
Driver Check Limited (external website)
The reasons why we may share your data with other public bodies are as follows:
- To improve our understanding of your needs to enable us to inform you of other relevant services
- To monitor and improve our performance and delivery of services
- For the prevention and or detection of crime
- Where necessary to protect individuals from the risk of harm or injury
- Where otherwise permitted under the General Data Protection legislation.
We will only disclose your sensitive or confidential information if we are legally required to do so, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put you or someone else at risk of harm.
We will not pass your personal information to external organisations for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior expressed consent.