Home improvement grants

Explains that home improvement grants are no longer available. 

Can I get a grant to improve my home?

Unfortunately, no. Due to reductions in government funding we are no longer able to offer housing assistance grants or housing assistance loans to help residents improve their homes.

We do, however, have a limited amount of funding for Disabled Facilities Grants to provide adaptations to properties to remove physical barriers that make it difficult for you to carry out ordinary day-to-day activities in your home.  

Before you can apply for a disabled facilities grant, you must first be assessed by an occupational therapist (OT) who will visit you to determine what you need to help you to live at home.  If you need a major adaptation you will be referred to the home improvement and assistance team to apply for a disabled facilities grant. 

The assessment by an occupational therapist can be arranged by visiting any customer service centre or by contacting us by phone:

Telephone: (01482) 393939

We also have limited funding for cavity and loft insulation and first time central heating grants.

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.