How to cancel a council service agreement/contract and tell us you have moved

Find out how you can cancel a council service such as gym membership, refuse collection and lifeline agreements. Find out how to tell us if you have moved house, and information on how to claim a refund.

How do I cancel my gym membership?

Cancellations to gym memberships need to go directly to the leisure centre where the original agreement was made. Once this is actioned by Leisure services, we will then cancel your payments and refund any overpaid amounts.

How do I cancel my refuse contract?

Please contact business waste to discuss your requirements.


Tel: (01482) 395580

How do I cancel a care package?

If you or a family member no longer require a care package, you will need to contact your care co-ordinator at your local community wellbeing team:

Bridlington Community Wellbeing Team

Tel: (01482) 396732

Driffield Community Wellbeing Team

Tel: (01482) 396333

Goole Community Wellbeing Team

Tel: (01482) 396861

Haltemprice Community Wellbeing Team

Tel: (01482) 392620

Holderness Community Wellbeing Team

Tel: (01482) 396532

Pocklington Community Wellbeing Team

Tel: (01482) 396333

Can I tell you I have moved?

If you have recently received an invoice from the council please provide your new address using the 'Contact the council' option.

We will then send you a revised invoice to your new address.

How can I claim a refund if I have paid too much towards my invoice?

Please use the 'Contact the council' option and we will investigate any potential refunds.

Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on (01482) 394862.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News