East Riding of Yorkshire Council aims to provide a highways winter service which, as far as reasonably possible, allows the safe movements of vehicular traffic on the more important parts of the highway network, while minimising delays and accidents directly attributable to adverse weather conditions.
The Streetscene service is responsible for providing winter services to the East Riding of Yorkshire, including:
- implementing the council’s policy for winter services
- advising the council on policy issues
- the day-to-day direction of operations
- monitoring performance
- liaison with adjoining authorities and the emergency services
- supporting the peacetime emergency plan during severe weather situations.
The following plan outlines the actions we will take in order to achieve these services:
Winter Services Plan 2021-22 (pdf 195kb)