Filming in the East Riding

Information about filming in the East Riding and the successful filming projects we have assisted with.

Does the council support filming in the East Riding?

Yes. We are committed to encourage filming in the East Riding to facilitate the development of film and television production. We are a member of the Film Friendly Partnership in association with Creative England.

We recognise Creative England as the official agency working for and on behalf of the British Film Institute and the UK Government in supporting all types of filming and attracting production to the area. 

Visit Creative England website for more information:

Creative England (external website opens in new window)

Do I need permission to film in the East Riding?

Yes if filming is taking place on council land or property, this includes the public highway (footpaths and roads etc.)  All requests need to go through the marketing team who will arrange the correct permissions and advise on the procedure.  The marketing team will also advise if possible the ownership of land or property if it is not known.

In order to carry out filming the marketing team require:

  • A completed and signed location agreement (supplied by East Riding of Yorkshire Council)
  • Completed risk assessment
  • Certificate of Public liability insurance to the value of £10 million.

Will there be charges for filming in the East Riding?

Charges may apply depending on the film location, duration and services provided by the council.  Each request will be dealt separately.

Who do I contact for further information?

You will need to contact the marketing team below:

Angela Dixon, Principal Marketing Officer Tel: (01482) 391447 angela.dixon@eastriding.gov.uk

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.