Subjects

Withernsea Church

buildings
churches

The early Medieval church of St. Mary's was destroyed by the sea in the 15th century. Its replacement, the church of St. Nicholas, lost its roof in a storm in the early 17th century and was abandoned. Much of it was incorporated in the new church of 1858-9, which added a new roof and windows, but kept to the basic plan of its predecessor.

Related Objects

Withernsea Church, May 12th 1858
Goddard & Lancaster
1858
View
thumbnail Withernsea Church
View