Help putting your bin out

You can apply for help putting your bins out for collection if you meet certain conditions, such as if you are disabled, have a medical condition or an injury.

Can the bins be pulled out and put away if I can't do it myself?

Yes, if you are physically unable to present your blue, brown and green bins for collection and:

  • there is no one over 14 years of age, in good health, living with you; and
  • you have a disability, medical condition, injury; or are an older person or are pregnant

You cannot get help putting your bins out if you are going on holiday. You could ask a neighbour or family member to do this for you.

Please note: you will need keep your bins visible and accessible from the road so they can be easily found by our crew.

Can I apply for help with my bins?

Apply for help putting bins out

We may need to visit your home to confirm that you meet the conditions above.

Please remember to cancel this service when you no longer need help.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News