There is no rule banning the provision or sale of homemade cakes at school/church fairs or other community events.
The following food hygiene advice should be followed by those people who make the cakes. Always wash hands before preparing food, and:
- ensure that all surfaces and equipment being used is clean
- do not use raw eggs in anything that won't be thoroughly cooked, for example, icing or mousse fillings
- ensure cakes containing cream or cheesecakes are kept in the fridge
- store cakes away from raw foods
- transport cakes in clean, closable containers
- use tongs or a cake slice when handling cakes and wash hands frequently
- know the exact ingredients the cakes contain for customers with allergies/intolerances.