Free disabled person's pass

Disabled person’s pass entitlement, apply for a disabled pass, using your pass and how to get a replacement. 

Am I entitled to a pass?

This is a supplementary travel pass funded by the East Riding. It is available to residents with a specific range of disabilities and offers additional free travel on local buses and trains.

The pass is available to persons registered with East Riding social services as:

  • blind
  • profoundly or severely deaf (with or without speech)
  • limbless
  • severely learning disabled*.

*The definition of severe learning disability is people with a permanent organic learning disability which prevents them from living in the community without significant help and support.

There are no age restrictions.

How do I apply for a pass? 

Please download the application form below, complete and return to the address provided.

Application for free disabled travel pass (pdf 29kb opens in new window)

Passenger Services
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Beverley Depot
Annie Reed Road
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU17 0LF

Please note: you will be required to provide a passport-sized photograph with your application.

If you need help to complete your application (for example if you don't have a printer) you can visit a customer service centre.

When your application has been verified your pass will be posted to your home.

There is no charge for the pass.

Please contact us on (01482) 395444 with any enquiries.

Where and when can I use my pass? 

Bus Services

You can use your pass on local bus services before 9.30am and after 11.00pm Monday to Friday. At all other times you should use your English National Bus Pass.

You can use your pass on all local bus services running:

  • within the East Riding and Hull
  • to terminal and intermediate points on all through bus services between the East Riding and Doncaster, Malton, Hull, Pontefract, Scarborough, Selby and York, providing your journey starts or finishes in the East Riding and is not broken outside the East Riding
  • between Goole and Scunthorpe.

Your pass is not valid on bus services over the Humber Bridge or for travel throughout England.

Rail Services

You can use your pass on local rail services after 9.30am Monday to Friday and at all times on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.

You can use your pass on rail journeys between any railway station in the East Riding (including Hull Interchange Station) and to the following railway stations:

  • Doncaster
  • Filey
  • Hensall
  • Hull
  • Hunmanby
  • Kirk Sandall
  • Knottingley
  • Pontefract
  • Scarborough
  • Seamer
  • Selby
  • Stainforth and Hatfield
  • Thorne North
  • Whitley Bridge
  • York

Your journey must start or finish at any East Riding railway station or Hull Interchange Station. The pass is not valid for journeys between these stations, for example, Selby to York.

I have lost my pass, how do I get a replacement?

You can get a replacement bus pass, by either:

We are open Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:30pm, Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.

There is no charge for a replacement pass.

Replacement passes will be posted to your home address.