Car parking fines

How to pay your car parking fine, how to view evidence online and how to appeal.

How and where can I pay a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice)?

You can pay your parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice) by any of the following methods:


Pay your parking penalty charge by using our online payment service:

Pay/view my Penalty Charge Notice online (external East Riding website)


Parking fines can be paid via the telephone 24/7 by calling 0300 330 15 15. Please have your debit or credit card ready.

In person

A number of our customer service centres have the facilities to accept payment of penalty charge notices with some offering the option to pay by cash. View the customer service centre - finder map page for details on what facilities are available at each centre.

Please note: before attempting to make payment by the above methods please wait 2 working days after you received the PCN to allow the council’s computer systems to be updated.

For more information on PCN parking fines see the Civil Parking Enforcement page. Please do not post cash.


Cheques/postal orders should be made payable to 'East Riding of Yorkshire Council', and posted to:

East Riding of Yorkshire Council CPE
PO Box 294
HU17 6FB

Please write your penalty charge notice reference number and address on the back of your cheque or postal order. If a receipt is required a stamped addressed envelope must be enclosed. Post dated cheques will not be accepted.
Please allow at least three working days for your payment to transit the Royal Mail Postal Service.

Please note: cash must not be sent through the post.

How do I appeal against a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice)?

All appeals in relation to Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) must be received by post or through the official online website:

The parking appeals process is very prescribed and any evidence has to be written.

For this reason, the council does not accept telephone calls relating to appeals against PCNs.

Clearly, transcribed telephone calls would not meet this criteria being very subjective and open to criticism of accuracy after the event.

Furthermore, some people may choose to use the telephone as a means to vent their frustrations at council staff because they did not get the answer they wanted. For these reasons telephone calls about case reviews are not accepted, and any appeal can be fully aired in a controlled environment with the independent judicial body.

Online challenge

Challenge your Penalty Charge Notice by using our website:

Challenge PCN Online (external East Riding website)


The council will only accept Representations made by one of the two available methods:

  • Online at, then follow the on-screen instructions. You will require your PCN number i.e. YE12345678, vehicle registration number and the web code found on the front page of the Notice to Owner to use this service


  • In writing, and you must use the form on page 3 and 4 of the Notice to Owner. The completed written representation must be submitted by post to:

    East Riding of Yorkshire Council CPE
    PO Box 294
    HU17 6FB

All representations will be considered on their individual circumstances.

Full details of how to make a representation are included within the Notice to Owner.

Please note: it is important to clearly outline your reasons, why you feel your appeal should be upheld, including any evidence that you feel substantiates your appeal (such as a Pay & Display ticket).

Please note: the council only deals with PCNs issued in our car parks (finder map). PCN tickets issued by private companies and the Police must be dealt with via the relevant organisations.

What is the full appeals process?

What is the full appeals process?

Challenge your Penalty Charge Notice by using our website:

Please see the PDF document below outlining the full appeals process:

Parking charge notice (PCN) appeals notice (pdf 18kb)

Further information is available on the PATROL website:

PATROL (external website)

Can I challenge the serving of a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)?

Yes. You can challenge the serving of the PCN by one of two methods:

  1. Before a 'notice to owner' is served on you, you can 'challenge' the serving of a penalty charge notice. Read more about 'challenges'.

  2. You can make a ‘representation’ against the penalty charge notice once you have been served with a 'notice to owner' from the council. Read more about 'representations'.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News