Hotel and Guesthouse Visitor Permit account holders can have the same amount of Hotel and Guesthouse Visitor Permits active per day as they have rooms available for guests, for example, if a premises has 10 rooms, 10 permits can be active at one time.
To activate a Hotel and Guesthouse Visitor Permit:
- Log into the Hotel and Guesthouse Visitor Permit system using the button below:
Hotel and Guesthouse Visitor Permit system
- On-screen you should see your account dashboard, displaying the date and time and the permits you have available for activation
- All unused permits will state 'Not assigned'
- To activate a permit, click the date and time tab and select the date and time you wish for the permit to begin (you can change the time from AM/PM by clicking the AM/PM button)
- Click 'OK'
- Click on the permit you wish to activate, check the start date and time is correct, then enter the Vehicle Registration Mark of your guest’s vehicle
- Click 'Next'
- Select the permit duration (all permits expire at midday/12:00pm on the day of expiry)
- Click 'Confirm'
- Repeat this procedure for as many permits as you wish to activate.
Please note: that if you set a Hotel and Guesthouse Visitor Permit to start in the future, it will show as ‘Not assigned’ on your dashboard until it becomes active.
You will be charged for every permit that you activate, therefore the council does not recommend that you activate a permit until you are sure that this is needed.