The List of Streets does not show:
- All the streets in the East Riding of Yorkshire – the List of Streets only indicates highways that are maintainable at public expense and does not include streets that are privately maintained.
- What type of highway the street is – the List of Streets includes footpaths, alleys and passages. The presence of a street on our records does not necessarily mean it can be driven or ridden down.
- Who owns the land – highways can run over private land.
- Private access rights – the records show which highways can be used by the public, they do not show private rights of access.
- How wide the street is or where the highway boundary is – the widths on the map are only indicative of the highway extent. We don't typically hold detailed information on highway extents or the exact location of the highway boundary and we don't currently provide a service to research these issues. However, if you require assistance relating to a highway boundary issue, we offer a 'meet on site service' and will take the best view inline with known practice. Get in touch to arrange an appointment.
- Private streets maintained by the council – the maps do not show streets that the council maintains that are not highway. For example some access roads to Council depots and within school boundaries.
How to view the 'list of streets'
To make it easy for you to view the List of Streets, we have a digital version of the Highways maintained at public expense at our Beverley customer service centre and a copy of our Definitive Map at the Treasure House in Beverley. This information has been prepared from paper maps and is correct to the best of our knowledge.
Similar information is available at Find My Street and Walking the Riding. We take every reasonable effort to ensure that the information contained on these sites is accurate, but the records are subject to frequent changes. The websites are for reference only and not our official 'list of streets' and therefore should not be relied upon for legal purposes.*
* Disclaimer: We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expense or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with the use of the Walking the Riding or Find My Street services.
If you would like to see the actual physical maps, please get in touch to arrange a viewing.
Tel: (01482) 393939