Road works and street works

Road work and street work locations, reporting issues, digging holes on public land, highway charges.

Where can I find out information about road works or street works?

All roadworks in the East Riding are displayed on the one.network website

Watch the short video below for helpful instructions on how to use this service:

Visit the one.network website   

Please note: there should always be a sign on-site showing who is doing the work, how long it is expected to take and who to ring in case of an emergency. 

Can I receive email updates for road works or street works?

Yes, you can sign up to receive email updates of upcoming road works, road closures and other traffic disruptions anywhere in the UK through the one.network website.

The video tutorial below shows how to set up an email notification:

What should I do if I need to dig a hole in the road, footpath or verge?

A licence is required to dig a hole on public land to, for example, install a new water pipe or another utility service. Read about the licences required and how to apply

Does the council have a list of highway charges?

There are a number of fees and charges for a variety of highway items which are reviewed every year. The majority of these fees will be charged to developers, businesses and a small number are relevant for residents. 

They can include:

  • vehicular accesses
  • H-bar markings
  • skip and scaffold licences
  • street works notices or licences
  • traffic regulation orders
  • provision of information
  • stopping up orders
  • salt bin provision or refills. 

View all highway charges.

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.