Council tax

Council tax

Council tax funds local services like the Police, Humberside Fire and Rescue, adult care, libraries, and highway maintenance. Get details on managing your account, paying, applying for discounts, exemptions, or updating personal information like address changes.

How to register for an online council tax account

Using our secure online council tax service, you can easily manage all aspects of your council tax account online.

Pay by Direct Debit

Paying your council tax by Direct Debit is the safest and most secure way to pay, and we offer a variety of payment dates for your convenience. Simply register on our secure online council tax account service and follow the instructions.

About council tax

You can find out more information about council tax, how to pay it, and how to manage your council tax account online, benefit from paperless billing, and make changes to your account information.

Struggling to pay?

We offer various discounts, exemptions and reductions on your council tax bill to help you pay, and we can tell you why you may have received a reminder notice, summons or letter from an enforcement agency. 

Tell us about a change

If you move house, or change your name, or change your bank account, you need to let us know so we can update your payment details.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News