Tell us about a change to your council tax account

How to tell us if you have had a change of circumstances, want to change to paperless billing or need to update your Direct Debit details.

How can I update my Direct Debit details?

You need to register on our new, secure online council tax service.

I'm moving, what do I need to do?

You need to tell us who is moving in or out of the property, and whether you're moving to, out of, or within the East Riding. 

If you already live within the East Riding and have a council tax account, this one must be closed and a new one will be opened for you.

Council tax accounts are not carried over from your old property to your new property.

Please note: if you are moving into the East Riding for the first time, and want to register for council tax, on the link below, navigate to the "Tell us that you have moved home" section, and select "I am moving into the East Riding of Yorkshire." You will be unable to register for our new online council tax service until you have completed this step. 

There is a change of tenancy in my property, what do I do?

If you are a landlord or letting agent, you can tell us about a change of tenancy online. You need to do this on our new, secure online council tax service, the Citizen Access Revenues website.

Can I change to paperless billing?

Yes. Register for paperless billing - Choosing to get your documents electronically not only means you’ll have less post cluttering your home, it means you’ll be helping cut paper waste too.

To sign up for paperless billing, you need to register our new, secure online council tax service.

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.