Disagreement of your rent charge

Find out what to do if you do not agree with your rent charge.

Where is my discretionary rent-free period?

A discretionary rent-free period can only be awarded by the housing team in exceptional circumstances. To discuss this, contact your housing officer.

I don’t agree with how much rent I have to pay?

If you don’t agree with your rent charge please email rents@eastriding.gov.uk.

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.