Tell us about a change

Tell us if your finances have changed and you want to discuss changing your payments.

Can I change my contact address on my garage?

Yes, please email to provide your new contact address.

My income has changed and I can’t afford to pay my rent. What should I do?

If you are having difficulties paying your rent you can apply for housing benefit or Universal Credit.

If you are already getting housing benefit or the housing costs element of Universal Credit and you still have a shortfall in your rent payments you may be able to claim further assistance through a discretionary housing payment.

You can also speak to our welfare visiting team, who will look to make sure you are getting all of the help you are entitled to and also help set up an affordable payment plan. To make an appointment email

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News