Housing benefit and Council Tax support

Housing benefit provides help with paying your rent, and council tax support provides help with your Council Tax, if you are on a low income. This section provides information for new and existing customers. If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, help with our rent is covered through this. You must still claim Council Tax support.

Due to the current situation, we are running on a reduced service and therefore only taking emergency calls. We understand this is a difficult time. If you are having problems paying, please contact us immediately via email at: benefit.assessments@eastriding.gov.uk

Featured items

Person entering card details to a website

Other pages in this section

You may have been looking for...

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.