You will need to provide certain information when you make your application. Please gather this information before you start the form.
- full name
- address including postcode
- date of birth
- National Insurance number.
You will need the following information for all members of your household:
- full names
- dates of birth
- National Insurance numbers if over 18 years old.
Details of earned and unearned income for you and your partner.
Details of all savings and investments for you and your partner.
Details of all your weekly/monthly expenses for you and your partner:
- entertainment and recreation
- TV License and satellite/cable TV
- council tax
- water rates
- childcare/school meals
- car tax and insurance
- petrol, diesel and car parking
- rail or bus fares
- name of debtor
- amount outstanding
- weekly payments.
If you are requesting on-going help with your current weekly or monthly rent please tell us if you:
- have extra health-related expenses or need an extra room because of sickness or disability
- have extra travel costs because you travel to a hospital or you care for a relative or friend
- have work-related travel costs that would increase if you had to move
- are likely to become homeless
- are having financial difficulties
- need an extra bedroom for an overnight carer.
If you are requesting help for rent in advance you will need to provide the name address and telephone number of your new landlord.
You must provide any information that is relevant to your claim to help the decision maker fully assess your claim and make their decision.
Please note: if you have recently made a claim for Universal Credit we will be unable to process your DHP application until we can confirm that you have been awarded the housing cost element of Universal Credit.