Careers advice

Explains what careers advice is and what is available, who can access the service, where you can access the service and how to contact an advisor.

What is careers advice?

Careers advice can help you:

  • find learning and training that is right for you
  • improve your reading, writing and maths
  • understand the local job market
  • find out about funding to support your learning
  • develop your CV
  • improve your interview and presentation skills
  • and progress in your current job.

What careers advice is available to me in the East Riding?

Our employment education and skills team can help if you are out of work to gain the skills you need to find a job. Please give us a call to find out about the types of projects and opportunities that we have available.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with the National Careers Service (external East Riding website) to see what help is available to you in the East Riding.

Who can access careers advice?

Anyone living in the East Riding, aged 19 or over. If you are 18 and claiming Jobseekers Allowance you can also access the service.

If you are under 18 please contact East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Youth and Family Support Service.

Where can I access careers advice?

We have centres across the East Riding offering courses, advice and guidance and help to get you a job. Our main centres are available in Beverley, Goole, Bridlington, and Cottingham.

How do I contact a careers advisor?

Please call the Adult Learning and Employability team on (01482) 887670 to find out what support may be available to you. Our offices are open Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News