Resources for schools

Information on where to get free resources including digital photos, find out about education events, share with other schools, how to publicise your information and what the Improvement and Learning Service is.

Does the local authority provide information and resources for use in education?

The council's education website, HERE for Schools, has a collection of resources and a set of tools that enable a wide range of users to access top quality teaching and learning materials, targeted at specific audiences from the world of learning. It enables teachers, learners and learning assistants to access electronic materials to assist in lesson planning and homework/assignments.

HERE for Schools (external East Riding website)

HERE for Schools is the universal medium by which East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Local (education) Authority can publicise, distribute and share 'best-practice' teaching and learning resources. It is intended to be a one-stop-shop.

It contains thousands of resources across many subject areas and themes.

Where can I get free digital photos?

As part of the eRiding 'family' of websites the council publishes a library of free digital teaching and learning objects. The Media Library, as it is known, contains hundreds of free digital photographs intended for use in classrooms on interactive white boards, or as part of wall displays and project work. 

The photos have been provided by teachers and local authority teaching and learning consultants and support many national curriculum areas.  We try to provide images with a local flavour and actively encourage education practitioners to share their images if they think they are appropriate - contact us via the website.

eRiding Media Library (external council website)

Where can I find out about education events in the East Riding?

The local authority uses their education website Here for Schools as a 'one-stop-shop’ solution for traded services, CPD training, event management and provision of information for schools, academies and education institutions.

To find out about upcoming training and education events please go to the HERE for Schools website. 

HERE for schools (external council website)

How can I publicise my information to East Riding schools?

If you are involved in the sphere of education in the East Riding of Yorkshire you can use HERE for Schools to publicise information to local schools. All East Riding schools have an awareness that the site is the main channel by which the local authority disseminates good practice into schools. We can provide news stories and publicity articles to suit your needs via the communication section of the website.

To make good use of the site's large number of users please contact us via the website:

HERE for schools (external council website)

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.