School clothing grant

Is my child entitled to a school clothing grant?

To be eligible to claim a clothing grant, your child must be moving from primary to secondary school and both schools must be in the East Riding boundary and you must also be resident within the East Riding boundary.

Please note: clothing grants from East Riding of Yorkshire Council are not payable to children moving from primary school to an academy. If your child is moving to an East Riding academy please contact the academy directly for support.

The parent/carer must be in receipt of one of the following:

  • Income support
  • Job seekers allowance (income based)
  • Employment and support allowance (income related)
  • Pension credit guaranteed credit
  • Child tax credit, provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Universal Credit. Your annual income assessed by the Department for Work and Pensions must be less than £7,400.
  • Be receiving support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.

How do I apply for a school clothing grant?

Apply for a clothing grant

Please note: all vouchers will be processed via the Post Office and sent by email. Please ensure that you check your spam and junk folders.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News