Special Educational Needs

Special Educational Needs and inclusion in schools.

As a parent/guardian how can I apply for an assessment of Special Educational Needs for my child?

You can find out how to have your child assessed for Special Educational Needs by visiting the Special Educational Needs page of the East Riding Local Offer website:

East Riding Local Offer - education inclusion (external East Riding website)

Can I get free school transport for my child with additional needs?

Please visit the 'children of school age transport page of the East Riding Local Offer website for more information about school transport:

East Riding Local Offer - Children of school age transport (external East Riding website)

Where can I find out more about local authority provision for children with Special Educational Needs?

If you need information from the local authority about how schools deal with issues relating to Special Educational Needs then you can visit the council's website known as Local Offer.

The site contains all the information and support for Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) for 0 to 25-year-olds.

East Riding Local Offer (external East Riding website)

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News