As a local authority we can offer you up to 140 hours work experience in numerous directorates in the council. Some of the areas taken up previously have been, IT, Joinery, Housing Repairs, Accounts and Leisure and Catering Services.
If you choose to take up some work experience you will have a named worker who will take you on the first day and a contact within the area of work who will keep an eye on you.
We will also help support you with travel so you can get there and would look at some form of incentive. If you are interested in having some work experience either let your worker know or get in touch with our ETE Advisor.
“How to get a job” programme
The Pathway Team works with the National FromCare2Work scheme, and our local partner agencies to offer you the following to help you on your way to full time work:
- Work experience / volunteering (within the council and with other agencies).
- Help with looking for work, completing applications and negotiating with the Job Centre.
- Mentoring (one to one with our graduate trainees)
- Interview Practice
- We hold regular ‘How to Get a Job and Keep it’ events and will let you know when these events are coming up and will support your travel costs to get there. We work with a range of employers and agencies who will provide advice, guidance and details of their own experiences of their progression into employment.
- Every Wednesday afternoon there is also a ‘one-stop’ shop held at the Pathway Team office, where workers are available to help you with any aspect of employment, training and education. Travel costs will be paid to you if you wish to come along.