How FISH can help you

The Families Information Service Hub (FISH) can offer a wide range of information, advice and support to parents and carers across the East Riding. 

What is FISH (the Families Information Service Hub)?

The Families Information Service Hub is known as FISH.

The friendly, helpful FISH team operates a helpline offering free, impartial information for young people, parents and carers and professionals who have a role in supporting families.

FISH is a 'one-stop-shop' where you can get details of services in the East Riding for children and young people aged 0-20 years.

Browse the FISH directory  

What can FISH do for me?

Talk to us about the following:


Where to look for information about activities across the East Riding including sports clubs, parent/toddler groups, leisure centres, uniformed groups such as Brownies and Scouts and much more. 

Families Information Service Hub

FISH are responsible for providing information to families of children and young people and the professionals who support these families. You can find information about the following areas: 

  • Looking for childcare
  • Children's centres
  • Education and Learning
  • Health
  • Help lines
  • Leisure centres
  • Libraries
  • Money Matters
  • Parent toddler groups
  • Support for parents and young people
  • Activities and services for children with additional needs  

Browse the FISH directory for access to these services

Two Year Old Funded Places (2FP) - childcare funding for 2 year olds

Information, advice and guidance about the new scheme, who can apply for 15 hours of funded childcare for their 2 year old and where you can access those hours.

Funded Early Education (FEE) - childcare funding for 3 and 4 year olds

All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 15 hours of funded childcare per week during term time from the term after their third birthday. 

Eligible 3 and 4 year olds are be entitled to 30 hours - an additional 15 hours per week.

Other ways of paying for childcare

Read about additional ways of helping with the costs of childcare, including working tax credits and childcare vouchers.

Looking after your child with additional needs

Talk to FISH about what support is available for parent carers of children with additional needs. They can put you in touch with one of the FISH Locality Information Officers who will look at what activities, support and services are available in your area. 

SENDIAS (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice Support) Service

The SENDIAS service provides impartial, confidential information, advice and support to parent carers of children aged 0-25 with special educational needs who live in the East Riding. Visit the Local Offer website for support with special educational needs.


LOOK AHEAD is a service for parent carers of children aged between 0-25 years with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).

Read more about LOOK AHEAD.


Looking for childcare

Up-to-date information on Ofsted registered childminders, day nurseries, pre-schools, out of school clubs, nursery classes, nursery schools and creches. Read more about finding a childcare provider.

Sure Start Children's Centres

What a children's centre is, how they can help, what activities and support are on offer and how to find your local centre.

Working with Children

Information for existing or new childcare settings including how to become a registered childminder.

Where can I find out more about emotional health and wellbeing?

The Family Service Directory is a one stop shop where you can find information you need to support children and young people, whether you are a professional working with children and young people or you are a parent/carer, friend or young person yourself.  

The Family Service Directory has information on services which can help with: 

  • ADHD
  • anxiety
  • attachment difficulties
  • depression
  • eating disorders
  • substance misuse
  • self harm
  • psychosis

Family Service Directory

 What other support is available?

There are many local and national services that can offer advice and support to parents.  If you would like help finding the right service or organisation to help you and your family please contact FISH on (01482) 396469 or email on fish@eastriding.gov.uk, alternatively you can browse the FISH directory to search for childcare, support and services.

Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH)

If you're worried about a child or young person or think they might be at risk of harm, abuse or neglect, you can contact EHaSH to log your concern and get advice.

If you are concerned that the child or young person is being affected by:

  • domestic violence
  • abusive or exploitative relationships or behaviour
  • emotional well-being
  • mental health
  • alcohol and or substance misuse
  • welfare and benefits
  • bereavement and separation

Please note: this is not an exhaustive list and EHaSH can provide advice and guide you to other services.

You can contact EHaSH on:

Email: childrens.socialcare@eastriding.gcsx.gov.uk 

Tel: (01482) 395500 

Youth and family support

The youth and family support service is available to help young people aged 9 -19, or up to 25 years if you have learning difficulties or a disability. 

You can contact the youth and family support service by: 

Email: yfs@eastriding.gov.uk 

Tel: (01482) 392824 

Aged 14 or over? Take a look at the Log On Move On website which has training and learning opportunities across Hull and East Riding.

What is the FISH bulletin and can I receive it?

Are you a professional or practitioner who works with children and young people?

The FISH bulletin is full of information about events and activities across the East Riding to help professionals support and advise the families they are working with.

If you would like to receive fortnightly FISH updates please follow the form link below. It takes just a couple of minutes to complete and means you won't miss out on any future news and updates.

Professional Contacts Information (keep up-to-date with FISH bulletins) (external East Riding website)

How can I contact FISH?

You can contact the FISH team in the following ways:

Room FS32
County Hall 
HU17 9BA

Tel: (01482) 396469 
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm 
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm

E-mail: fish@eastriding.gov.uk