The European Union Settlement Scheme

The rights and status of EU citizens living in the United Kingdom.

What is the EU Settlement Scheme?

If you’re from an EU member country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you and your family might be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.

You might also be able to apply if you’re the family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland.

Has the deadline to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme passed?

Yes. The deadline to apply was 30 June 2021, however, applications can still be made after that date if applicants:

  • meet one of the criteria for a later deadline to apply
  • have ‘reasonable grounds’ for not applying by 30 June 2021.

Where can I find more information?

Details about the EU Settlement Scheme are available from GOV.UK by following the link below:

GOV.UK - Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status) (external website)

Can I get help applying to the EU Settlement Scheme?

Yes. Follow the link below to information provided by Citizens Advice:

Citizens Advice - Preparing to apply for pre-settled and settled status (external website)

If you want to get in touch contact details of East Riding’s Citizens Advice service can be found at:

Hull and East Riding Citizens Advice - Contact (external website)

Can I get help with language?

Yes. The council uses an external translation and interpretation service to make sure those who don’t speak English or whose English is limited can still access our services. The provider covers over 400 languages, including British Sign Language and Braille.

Video and telephone interpreting along with written translation services are available.

Visit the languages accessibility page.

Subscribe to East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Stay updated on the latest East Riding news

We use GovDelivery to send you emails, which is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time.

Find out more in our Privacy notice.

Subscribe to East Riding News