Further information on coping with a bereavement

Where to go for further advice, will your pension be affected and what is probate.

Where can I get further advice on what to do when someone dies?

For further advice about what to do when someone dies can be found on the DirectGov website:

DirectGov - What to do after a death? (external website)

Will my pension be affected now my wife/husband/civil partner has died?

Further information about pensions can be found on the Pensions Advisory Service website:

Pension Advisory Service - death benefits (external website) 

What is probate?

'Probate' is a term often used when talking about applying for the right to deal with a deceased person's affairs. It's sometimes called 'administering the estate'. For further advice. For more information please visit the following government external website:

Direct Gov - What is probate? (external website)