Since the scheme started in 2013, YORSwitch has delivered more than £5.2million savings for East Riding residents. In the latest auction, more than 5,000 East Riding households registered for YORSwitch. Registrations were combined with a number of other similar initiatives around the UK, to create a collective of more than 24,000 households from 40 local authority areas.
The council partnered with iChoosr, the UK’s leading expert in collective energy switching, and together were able to deliver bespoke and highly competitive tariffs.
Now is the ideal time for residents, especially those on standard tariffs, to switch. Residents should see if they could secure a good rate for the year ahead as wholesale energy prices are likely to continue increasing in the coming weeks.
Councillor Symon Fraser, cabinet portfolio holder for strategic asset management, housing, and environment at East Riding of Yorkshire Council said: “In the short term, despite forthcoming energy price caps, households should not be lulled into a false sense of security that they will get the best deal for their energy.
“It remains a fact that households which have not switched tariff recently could make significant savings by reviewing their energy contracts and council-operated collective switching schemes, such as YORSwitch, provide a safe and easy route for householders to engage with the energy market.”
The current round of YORSwitch will be available until Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
Registering is easy and straightforward, just visit eastriding.gov.uk/yorswitch, alternatively call (01482) 393939, visit a customer service centre or come to one of the sign-up sessions listed below.
If you do not have access to the internet, please register before Wednesday, 20 March 2019 to enable the council to get your personal offer sent out to you. Make sure you have your current energy bill to hand.
How YORSwitch works:
- Register for free to express your interest online at eastriding.gov.uk/yorswitch or by telephone (01482) 393939
- An auction takes place on Tuesday, 12 February 2019 between energy suppliers who try and win your business. The winning supplier is the one making the lowest offer. YORSwitch is not affiliated to any supplier
- Support sessions will take place in February 2019, if you need any additional support
- Personal offers will be sent out from Friday, 22 February 2019, based on the information you submit
- You are under no obligation unless you decide to switch
- If you decide to accept the offer, you have until midnight on Tuesday, 26 March 2019 to let the council know
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council takes care of the entire switch for you, making the whole thing as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
Visit one of the free sign-up sessions – please bring a copy of your latest energy bill with you.
Sessions run from 9am-12noon and 12.30-3pm.
- Monday, 14 January 2019 - Cottingham Centre, Market Green, Cottingham, HU16 5QG
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 - Brough Petuaria Centre, 10 Centurion Way, Brough, HU15 1DF
- Thursday, 17 January 2019 - Pocklington Pocela Centre, 23 Railway Street, Pocklington, YO42 2QU
- Wednesday, 23 January 2019 - Driffield Centre, Cross Hill, Driffield, YO25 6RQ
- Thursday, 24 January 2019 - Bridlington North Library, Martongate, Bridlington, YO16 6YD
- Tuesday, 29 January 2019 - East Riding Leisure Haltemprice, 92 Springfield Way, Anlaby, HU10 6QJ
- Wednesday, 30 January 2019 - Goole Library, Carlisle Street, Goole, DN14 5DS
- Tuesday, 5 February 2019 - Hedon Library, 31 St Augustine's Gate, Hedon, HU12 8EX.